First Step Options Pregnancy Resource Centre is a registered Canadian charity, dependent entirely upon donated funds. FSO exists to help women and their families cope with an unwanted or unexpected pregnancy, or a pregnancy loss, in a compassionate setting close to home. Services are offered regardless of age, religion, race or marital status.
The Centre opened its doors in 2006 and is administered by an elected Board of Directors from local churches. The Executive Director, Donalee Loback, and the Receptionist/Administrator are salaried. All other staff work on a volunteer basis. We are a member of Pregnancy Care Canada. We are also affiliated with CareNet, Heartbeat International and Focus on the Family Canada.
If you would like to be added to our monthly email newsletter, please submit your email address below:
How we help our clients
- free pregnancy tests
- information on pregnancy and options
- support for new parents and those placing a child for adoption
- support for those who suffer after an abortion or miscarriage
- referrals to community agencies
To make a donation – lots of options!
- For pre-authorized monthly donations, please download and save the pledge form, fill it out, and send it in with a void cheque. Also please indicate whether we can email your tax receipt at the end of the year. Our monthly donors are the backbone of our budget – can you commit, even to a small amount, on a regular basis?
- One-time donations by e-transfer to: email@example.com . This is an easy, fee-free way to give. If you would like a tax receipt, please include your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate whether we can email your tax receipt at the end of the year.
- One-time donations by mail: please make cheques payable to First Step Options, and send to 337 Murray Street, Pembroke, ON K8A 4P3. If you would like a tax receipt, please include your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email, and indicate whether we can email your tax receipt at the end of the year.
- You can donate online with a credit card through CanadaHelps. Please do not use any other online portal. They will deduct 4% from your gift and send you a tax receipt directly.
- Advisors With Purpose: This is an opportunity to have help in your estate planning and learn how to leave a percentage of your estate to the work of the Centre. What a glorious way to transform lives for all eternity after the Lord has called you home! For more information please contact the Centre.
Questions? Contact us at 613-635-7440.
The King will reply, “I tell you the truth:
whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine,
you did for me.”